California State Parks Guided Backpacking Adventures
Registration is open!
Who better to lead you through our parks than California State Parks professionals? Six backpacking trips will be offered from April through September in 2017. The trips range from one to three nights, offering options for every experience level. Hike spectacular ridgelines, old growth redwood forests, to sandy shores with our knowledgeable team of backcountry naturalists. Native plant teas, trail desserts, skills demonstrations, campfire stories and jokes are added bonuses!
A few spaces are available in four of the trips! Take your choice of the one-night, two-night or three-night trips by signing up today! Registration is open.
The six trips in 2017 will be:
- Wild Flower Special, Castle Rock State Park to Portola Redwoods State Park, Friday to Sunday, April 28-30. Cost is $225. [AVAILABLE]
- A Night among the Ancients, Portola Redwoods State Park, Saturday to Sunday, June 3-4. Cost is $125. [AVAILABLE]
- Butano and Beyond Expedition, Butano State Park to Waddell State Beach, Friday to Sunday, June 16-18. Cost is $225. [AVAILABLE]
- Skyline to the Sea, Castle Rock State Park to Waddell State Beach, Thursday to Sunday, July 20-23. Cost is $300. [FULL]
- In Pursuit of Perseids, Butano State Park, Sunday to Monday, Aug. 13-14. Cost is $225. [FULL]
- A Trek Through Time, Butano State Park to Waddell State Beach, Thursday to Sunday, Sept. 14-17. Cost is $300. [AVAILABLE]
This truly unique program is the only such program led by California State Park staff. Participation is open to adults 18 or over and children ages 13 to 17 accompanied by a parent or guardian. Each trip is limited to 10 people. There is a suggested packing list and two forms to fill out.
Learn more online, by emailing or call (831) 291-8273. Events made possible by California State Parks, Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks, Waddell Creek Association, Mountain Parks Foundation, Sempervirens Fund, and Portola and Castle Rock Foundation.