Manresa Uplands State Beach
Latest News• Camping closed for the season. • The stairs leading from the campground to the beach were destroyed during storms in early 2016. Use nearby Sand Dollar Road.
Manresa Uplands Campground provides dramatic views of the ocean from the bluffs above the beach. The seasonal campground offers access to surf fishing, surfing and other beach recreation.
From Highway 1, south of Aptos, take San Andreas Road southwest and continue for four miles. Turn right on Sand Dollar Road. Veer left to Manresa Uplands Campground.
Things to doCamping
There are more than 60 walk-in tent camping sites.Beach Area
Access the nearby Manresa State Beach for fishing, surfing, boogie boarding and other beach activities.
- Showers (camping showers are 25 cents; bring quarters)
The walk-in, tent-only campground is open May 15-Sept. 30. There are 64 sites. Cost is $35 per night. Equipment may be dropped off from 10-200 yards from campsite. Learn more and secure a site through ReserveCalifornia.
As private development increased in the area, residents concerned about losing public access to the beach became the driving force behind public ownership of sensitive coastal resources. Manresa State Beach was acquired by the State in 1948.
- Dogs are allowed on leashes no longer than 6 feet.
- Fires must be confined to fire rings provided in the campground.
- Alcohol is not allowed on the beach or in day-use areas.
- A fishing license is required.
- Natural and cultural features are protected by law and may not be disturbed or removed.